Scraping the bottom of the barrel. The only other meme I've done was of my own accord. No tagging, no ties that bind.
This damn NaBloPoMo is kicking my ass broadside. I'm desperate, and grateful to PK for filling yet another day for me.
How's this for random:
1. The only car I've ever owned in my 25 years of driving that had an automatic transmission was from 2002 to 2005. I'm a slave to a stick shift.
2. For a good chunk of my 20s, I had a step-daughter who is just 18 months younger than me. We were pretty good friends during that time and still stay in touch.
3. I used to be on the radio as part of the broadcast team for the high school football team as well as the community college basketball team in the twin towns where I grew up. I also had my own radio show for about 3 years. I even had a pseudonym.
4. Musically, a'capella groups or music with multi-part harmony get my undivided attention. There's also a good chance I'll cry when the national anthem is played. National anthem sung by a barbershop quartet? Niagara Falls.
5. My paternal grandfather owned one of the original Ford dealerships back in the 1920s. Pops went apoplectic when I told him I'd gone German by trading my die-hard Ford Escort for a used Audi 90 Quattro in 1997.
6. A year later, I sold my motorcycle to get cash for a downpayment on a house to call my very own. Man, that was tough. I felt so...grown up.
7. Junior prom? I looked like Scarlett O'Hara with a blond afro. And clearly my date is a kissing cousin of Napoleon Dynamite.
And it's said that you have no modesty left after childbirth. I think the same is true for meme posts.
Now the fun part -- tagging. Here are the bloggers who I want to read as they blather on, randomly and obscurely:
Cath: because you, my friend, are a writer
Megan: because you are you, and I'm certain it will be real, and...well, genuinely you
Chris: because you are my newest Utah friend, and I'm pretty sure you're going to blow the doors off "random"
Dory: because you are partly responsible for the NaBloPoMo hell I'm in (but thanks for the badge!)
Beth: because I, too, am the older sister and love your perspective
Kim: because you think fast and have 8 kids...there's got to be plenty of random in your world
JCK: because you and I are slogging through NaBloPoMo in a parallel universe and you have an open invite for requests to write about stuff and this qualifies as stuff...and because this post made me snort Diet Coke through my nose and subsequently load you into my reader
Stop laughing at that prom photo. Were you not a victim of 1984 also?